LRR is an all-volunteer group whose purpose is to rescue, rehabilitate, and rehome abused, abandoned, neglected, and unwanted Labrador Retrievers in the metropolitan Washington DC area.
- Read about LRR’s background and unique philosophy regarding rescuing Labrador Retrievers.
- Find out what it means to be a Lab “rescue organization”.
- Consider helping us by making a tax-free donation or becoming a volunteer.
- Interested in adopting a dog from us? Visit our adoption process page for more information.
- Our Reading Room has many great articles on Lab ownership, health, and other useful information.
- Check out our dogs currently up for adoption, our alumni dogs, the Loyal Order of Labradors™, dedicated to our older alumni, and Happy Tails stories submitted by adopters.
- Read our Community Outreach page to learn about some of the other ways we help dogs in our community.
- To give up your dog to LRR, complete our owner give-up application.
- If you need to contact us, visit our contact information page.
Our service area
For those of you outside our service area, please note the following: we are a local organization and are unable to provide services outside of our area. We appreciate your interest and we are sorry that we cannot assist many of you because of your location. See our service area page for more information on finding a rescue in your area.